Steel distributor/processor in Oakland County looking for a full-time experienced shipping and receiving clerk for their multiple bay operation. Prior work history in the steel industry specifically flat rolled steel coils is a must. Ideal candidate will have experience operating an overhead crane as well as a forklift, will be computer literate and willing to work overtime as needed.
Receiving and inspecting incoming shipments for discrepancies and damage and promptly reporting it to the appropriate person.
Education requirements, certifications, work experience
- Be able to test coating weights, operate a rockwell and micrometer machine.
- Maintain shipping and receiving documents in a neat and orderly manner.
- Keep work area clean and safe.
- Pull and prepare coils for shipment.
- Apply received material to a purchase order in our computer system.
**Interviewed candidates will be tested on position knowledge**