Grand Steel, a steel distributor/processor in Oakland County Michigan, is looking for an experienced individual to join our sales support team. This individual will be responsible for supporting our sales staff by providing administrative, clerical and customer support. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented, computer literate, have excellent communication and time management skills.
Full time benefits after successful completion of introductory period include company paid medical, short term disability and accidental death policy with optional dental and optical. 401(K) with company contribution and profit sharing after 1 year of employment.
- Handling orders and customer inquiries via primarily emails.
- Perform data entry when orders are completed or changed.
- Update purchasing and/or production with due dates.
- Confirm shipping status with customers and keeping sales staff informed.
- Setting up shipments to delivery.
- Responding to emails, phone calls and other forms of correspondence from customers and sales staff.
Education requirements, certifications, work experience
Prior experience in the steel industry is a must!